Thursday, April 5, 2007

Rollyo

Ok, I can see how this might be useful. I tried some of the searchrolls and I like the concept of the public domain eBooks search. The eBooks search roll that was linked to from Learning 2.0 was pretty lame though so I tried making my own.

Search Free eBooks

I think the biggest drawback to Rollyo is that you can't limit the number of results from each domain. If you search for "1984" on my search the first 23 results are all from www.online-literature.com, a great site, but they are all basically the same thing, just links to various chapters of "1984." I'd like to be able to limit the results from each domain to, say, 5 with the option to expand the results if I wanted. You can click on the links on the left side of the page to get to site-specific results but this is very slow and you can't see right away if there are relevant results.